Sunday Services Performance
Come join us to experience a fine performance at UUCJ each
Sunday morning starting at 10:45 and during the service.
Music director Henson Markham presents an eclectic mix of performance styles:
- Classical, Folk, Blues, Jazz, and Dance by Jacksonville artists and from across the nation.
- Performance by members of our congregation and Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra.
- Seasonal music by the Joyful Singers — led by Dr. Sharon Scholl — and visiting choral groups.
Musical Celebration at UUCJ
This page last updated May 30, 2010
Rebecca Zapen Klezmer Band
2010 Annual Krosnick Musicale
Saturday June 12, 6:00 pm
Our Unitarian lovers-of-the-arts and supporters of our congregation are invited to enjoy the annual Krosnick Musicale at the lovely home of Aaron and Mary Lou Krosnick. Each summer is enhanced by the music chosen by our talented hosts, Mary Lou and Aaron, as they make us welcome, and we are pleased to thank the Krosnicks for this annual gracious evening. The event will be at Queen’s Harbour, 13734 Bermuda Cay Court Jacksonville, FL 32225. And for our further enjoyment, an elegant Champagne Hors D’oeuvres buffet.
>> Ticket Purchase: Please contact Jan Wright (904) 200-1631 or email[email protected]; or Jennifer Riley at UUCJ (904) 725-8133) email [email protected]. Tickets: $30 per patron.
played by Gregory Spiess (ala Liberace) and Jeanne Huebner at Henson's November '09 birthday concert. jaxfl32207.
- David Paul's 'Songs for the Children'
and 'Mr. David's Music Class'. His Music Class is in RE Kindergarten the third Sunday of every month; David is available to teach piano and violin privately at UUCJ and may be reached at 904-294-7219.
>> UUCJ Performing Members and Local Artists
- Timothy Edwards, violin; Tyrone Tidwell, viola
- Larry Rawdon, cello; Henson Markham, harpsichord
- Jeanne Huebner, piano, organ
- Christine Clark, harpsichord; Max Huls, violin
- Rosemary Stout, harp; Brian Stout, small pipe
- Ilan Morgenstern, bass trombone
- Andre Gabriel Gruber, guitar
- Mary Lou Wesley Krosnick, piano
>> Visiting Artists
- Anderson - Tarleton jazz duo
Jason Anderson, piano, trumpet; Sean Tarleton, bass
- Bob Zentz songs, stories, homemade music bzentz.com
- The Laws, original Americana music
John & Michele's songs cross the boundaries of country, folk, pop, bluegrass and blues. www.thelaws.ca
- Abbas Abbood, piano, Award-winning Iraqi virtuoso.
- Jennings & Keller, acoustic duo
- Rebecca Zapen and the Rebecca Zapen Klezmer Band
violinist, vocalist, and songwriter
A classically-trained violinist and versatile musician, Rebecca was Jacksonville's 2008 Musician of the Year, and she won Best Album & Song (cabaret genre) in the 2009 Just Plain Folks Awards, receiving 5 nominations. Her Klezmer Band presents folkmusic of the East European Jews prior to the Holocaust. www.zapen.com
- Jason Anderson, piano, trumpet
- Performing "Ashokan Farewell" -- Jeremy Lucas narrator
- Reinaldo Perez, oboe; Ariadna Perez, cello; Henson Markham, harpsichord. Telemann: Sonata Bach: Arioso
- Brent Bevis, classical guitar